Friday, February 1, 2013

Peplum






Topshop top & satchel, Dangerfield shorts, Rubi shoes, Sportsgirl sunglasses

There are two things about this post that are big no-no's in the Fashion Blogger Handbook. First problem, I bought these pants in the start of year sales (so they're no longer available), second problem, this shirt was brought back from Scotland for me as a gift in October (so now it is also unavailable). I KNOW I'M THE WORST, I SHOULD BE PLACED ON THE FASHION BLOGGER WALL OF SHAME AND NEVER BE SPOKEN OF AGAIN. 

But seriously, sorry I can't link you the clothes, I probably should have photographed them sooner. 
Problem was, these shorts are way too big for me (but they were the last pair left and I obviously wasn't going to say no to them) so I've been looking for the perfect top to wear them with that doesn't make me look like I just dropped a few kids. Why I didn't think of peplum earlier than this is beyond me. I was clearly too distracted by my new obsession with Girls (I know, I know it's so 12 months ago) to be thinking clearly about clothes.  

I've worn this top in every other combination of outfit I could possibly think of (and it's perfect for work because I just pack a spare/longer skirt in my bag and throw it on and am totes office-ready) so it was only a matter of time before it got paired with the shorts anyway.

Anyway, I spent this day doing what I do best, spending money. Watch out for some amazing American Apparel goodness in weeks to come. 

M xx

Photos by Paigge Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment